Initially, the concept for my own personal zenith was more literal. I envisioned someone sitting on top of a hill, looking out over a city and looking up into the sky. Over the years it morphed into an alternate definition of the word.
No, this isn't about an old tube television. There's no UHF or VHF dial or remote control. It's all about the meaning of the word. I always thought that if I wrote a book, I'd name it "My Own Personal Zenith": the point directly above you in the sky. Your own high point. What could be more inspirational, right? Over time, my perspective has changed. Now, it's more about what makes me happy or drives me. So here it is... take it blog form if you will.
Friday, July 30, 2010
Everyone has one
That's what my teacher said 16 years ago in my astronomy class regarding a zenith. That is what stuck with me. She pointed around the room at each of us: "You have one, and you have one..." That was my initial attraction to the word. The fact that I had something that no one could take away, like a shadow, made me hold onto that word.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment