As my son is growing up however, the plays on words seem to present themselves more frequently. It's amazing how children perceive what we say. In their eyes, everything is very literal. I used to have terms of endearment that I referred to him with, such as Pumpkin, but I was always met with an "I'm not a pumpkin." The rest of the world would feel vindicated too. The first time he ever watched people playing soccer, he said that he wanted to play football.
No, this isn't about an old tube television. There's no UHF or VHF dial or remote control. It's all about the meaning of the word. I always thought that if I wrote a book, I'd name it "My Own Personal Zenith": the point directly above you in the sky. Your own high point. What could be more inspirational, right? Over time, my perspective has changed. Now, it's more about what makes me happy or drives me. So here it is... take it blog form if you will.
Monday, August 2, 2010
Finding humor in the everyday
I'm sorry if I've laughed at something you've said to me, but I have to say, that people say the darnedest things. Pretty regularly I laugh at things that people say. It's the little subtleties of the English language that amuse me. The unfortunate thing is that usually when I'm laughing, I've twisted something that people have said, or made a pun in my head based on context, but they don't know why I'm laughing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment