No, this isn't about an old tube television. There's no UHF or VHF dial or remote control. It's all about the meaning of the word. I always thought that if I wrote a book, I'd name it "My Own Personal Zenith": the point directly above you in the sky. Your own high point. What could be more inspirational, right? Over time, my perspective has changed. Now, it's more about what makes me happy or drives me. So here it is... take it blog form if you will.
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Perhaps
Maybe, It's possible. Tonight at dinner, my son asked me if he could do something. Without thinking much of it, I answered "Perhaps." He thought for a moment and said, "What does perhaps mean?" I'm sure that he's asked me what other words mean before, but this time, it struck me differently. I told him that it was similar to "maybe." About ten minutes later, he used "perhaps" in a sentence of his own. Hearing him use the word made me so proud. Sometimes I think he's an adult inside that little body.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment